Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Saint Helena, CA
OBJECTIVE: An ambassador for Our Client, a luxury winery in St. Helena, the Concierge will represent and communicate its culture and philosophy by acting as a conduit for all pertinent information between guests and as a liaison between the Hospitality, Customer Relations and Fulfillment departments. The Concierge communicates and coordinates with patrons throughout the reservation and pre-arrival process and ensures coordination with the Hospitality team so that patrons’ experiences meet our highest standards. The Concierge works closely with referral sources to welcome their guests as well as with current and prospective subscribers during their visit to the winery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning & Communications
- Manage inbound and outbound correspondence with guests and referral sources.
- Respond to inbound requests from guests and referral services.
- Act as a gracious gatekeeper while vetting, accommodating or working around guests’ needs.
- Prepare for visits by compiling and providing to Host(s), DMH, Special Events team, Property Stewards, and external vendors (when applicable) all necessary information about guests’ profiles and preferences.
- Recommend host assignment for each group of guests (final approval made by DMH).
- Manage calendar of tastings and events in coordination with DMH, Special Event team and Host(s).
- Assist the DMH with business development outreach to referral sources.
- Coordinate direct correspondence to patrons (payment information, policies, confirmations, directions, etc.).
- Create and maintain calendar of all mailings to subscribers, guests and referral sources.
- Assist with projects as they arise and as requested by DMH.
- Manage distribution/marketing lists for communication calendar.
- Provide administrative support as needed to the DMH including but not limited to phone screening, errands, shipping & ordering.
- Assist with answering the main telephone line.
- Assist in creating reports as needed by the DMH.
- Create and maintain client records through internal systems (CRM).
- Assist with research for guest profiles and outreach.
- Create itineraries for patrons as needed.
- Assist with VIP visits, correspondence & scheduling.
- Assist with on-site events as needed.
- Assist with site inspections for VIP visits and events.
- Research each guest and group, and work with Host(s), DMH, Special Events team, and external vendors (when applicable) to prepare an appropriate on-site experience
- Collect, record and update our database with personal, preference and purchase history information on all guests.
- Coordinate sales and wine delivery with the appropriate department (Accounts Receivable, Inventory, and Fulfillment).
- Send a hand written, personalized thank you note when applicable
- Assist in coordinating overall winery hospitality schedule in partnership with the DMH, Host(s), Special Events team, and Property Stewards.
- Capture all necessary metrics to assist the DMH in evaluating the overall performance of the hospitality program.
- Identify and assist with designing constant improvements to the guest experience.
- Assist the DMH by developing relationships with local referral sources and being present at on-site and off-site events, as needed.
- Serve as a secondary point person with outside properties, off-site events and/or local referral sources.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 4 years of luxury guest or hospitality experience.
- College degree
- Passionate and knowledgeable about wine, food and agriculture, with a willingness to broaden knowledge base
- Strong interest hospitality
- Breadth of interest across many subjects & depth of knowledge with interest to continue learning
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook,
- Willingness and ability to:
- Lift and handle materials weighing up to 40 pounds
- Work overtime whenever required.
- Stand on hard surface for extended periods
- Grasp, stoop, squat, climb stairs, push or pull, carry, and reach over shoulder
- Valid California driver’s license
SKILLS & TRAITS – Successful Concierge will have or be the following:
- Warm and welcoming demeanor
- Team player
- Personable and attentive to guests and associates.
- Natural and comfortable confidence in communication
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Good listener
- Self-aware, humble, and professional. Able to maintain a “close distance.”
- Good energy, and ability to work under pressure.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills yet adaptable to changing conditions when needed
- Respects structure, process and routines that result in an exceptional guest experience
- Proactively honest and trustworthy
Direct Hire Recruiter
Kurt has worked in the recruiting industry in San Francisco for more than a decade, placing candidates primarily in finance, tech, non-profits and food & beverage industries. He specializes in filling roles in Human Resources, Administrative Support and Accounting & Finance. Originally from New England, he studied acting in college and in grad school, plays guitar and is a singer/songwriter in his spare time.