Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Wire Transfer Banking Specialist
Title: Wire Transfer Banking Specialist
Location: Sacramento, ca (onsite, not remote)
Start: September 2020
Hours: 8-5, Mon to Fri
Pay: $21.00.$24.00/Hour BOE
Must have: 3 years financial institution experience
Complete the processing of incoming and outgoing wire activity within strict deadlines. Support branch staff with wire entry and member inquiries and issues related to wire transfer activity. Monitor wire queues to ensure that all deadlines are met, and perform fraud and elder abuse reviews of wire activity. Distribute wire transfer reports daily and prepare statistical reports as needed by management.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist in monitoring compliance for established internal audit policies and procedures.
2. Ensure member inquiries and issues are researched and addressed timely and accurately.
3. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
4. Follow multiple steps to verify all wiring instructions and confirm funds availability per procedure.
5. Review wires for elder abuse, fraudulent scams (such as sweet heart scams, Title company instruction hacking scams, time-share scams…etc.) and any other suspicious activities. Communicate with front line representative and/or the member to clarify wire purpose and that due diligence on the beneficiary was performed
6. Work closely with Financial Investigations and file reports of any suspicious activity to the fraud monitoring system
7. Consult with the department Supervisor and above and/or Financial Investigations on additional research on suspicious activity before the wire is released
8. Research and respond to escalated member/other department and branch inquiries related to wire transfers. Report member complaints per Credit Union policies and procedures.
9. Process and balance incoming and outgoing wire activity. Ensure all critical deadlines are met.
10. Prepare journal entries as needed.
11. Prepare and maintain department statistics and reports.
12. Assist supervisor with periodic system user audits requiring manager approvals.
13. Maintain a thorough understanding of the Federal Regulations that govern Wire Transfer transactions including, but not limited to, Reg J, Reg E Dodd Frank, bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
14. Monitor FHLB funds and complete drawdown requests as applicable
1. EDUCATION: Associate of Arts degree in Business or Accounting/Finance is desired. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for College degree.
2. EXPERIENCE: Three years in a financial institution preferably with wire transfer processing experience. Experience in fraud detection is desired. Senior/lead experience is a plus.
3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Leadership & interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both verbal and written, good knowledge of Word/Excel, strong data entry skills, independent work methods, ten key and numerical skills.