Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Phoenix, AZ 85027 US
Seeking an Accountant I (General Ledger) Opening in Phoenix, Arizona!
Come join a growing team!
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Temp to Hire Opportunity!
- Will be required to be onsite twice a month. Remaining work will be remote.
- During the accounting close (1 week every period), will work 1-2 hours late on Wed and Thurs.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring all tasks, including accounting close activities are completed on time for respective division(s)
- Review and properly maintain assigned balance sheet accounts and reconciliations
- Prepare periodic financial statements/reports for analysis, management or various state and local governmental taxing authorities
- Use departmental applications such as Oracle, OTBI, Excel, Access, QMF for Windows, to research, analyze, and provide information to others and to book journal entries
- Take the lead on projects requiring research, organization, communication and problem resolution
- Liaison between NASC General Ledger department and Retail Divisions and Distribution Center Finance
- Responsible for providing guidance to internal/external customers
- Support team members on accounting issues
- Accountable for maintaining departmental applications and system functionalities requiring a high level of decision making and technical abilities
- Coordinate audits conducted by internal/external entities on accounting practices/processes
- Conduct special studies and develop or recommend accounting methods and procedures
- Train and assist Associates and Clerks in specific accounting tasks and in the use of systems
- Contribute and participate in all team activities
- Be a mentor; lead by example. Provide positive reinforcement/constructive feedback
- Handle conflict and issues while maintaining the self-esteem of others
- Participate and support all team activities while contributing to motivate others
- Four year college degree in accounting
- Three or more years accounting experience in a larger organization with mainframe-based accounting systems
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. Strong Accounting and technical skills.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Access and Excel
- Superior customer service attitude and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of accuracy, initiative, and adaptability
- Detail oriented with solid analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Self motivated and ability to complete tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Independent decision making
- Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting sound business ethics
Has this been the position you've been waiting for? Apply Today!
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting does require all applicants to be able to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated from COVID prior to their start date, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We ensure job offers are made based of one’s employment experience, skills, and qualifications, regardless of race, gender, ethnic origin, or any other classification protected by law. All applicants must furnish proper identification to prove their legal right to work in the US upon a job offer. We participate in E-Verify to confirm one’s right to work in the US. Wollborg Michelson Recruiting does not provide sponsorship for an employment-based visa status.
Meet Your Recruiter
- Recruiter - Phoenix