Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Oakland, CA US
Wollborg Michelson is looking for a Knowledgeable Accounting Analyst in Oakland, CA.
The Accounting Analyst will research and process corrections to ensure compliance. They will assist in monthly general Ledger clothes of the books including the creation of journal entries, perform account analysis, and process billings to granting agencies. To successfully perform, the Accounting Analyst requires thorough knowledge of general, commercial, fund and governmental accounting procedures and skill to exercise sound independent judgement within established guidelines.
- Reconciliation and analysis of payroll accounts
- Research and process for compliance
- Review payroll records
- Understand CalPERS guidelines
- In coordination with the payroll department’s pay schedule, analyzes payroll registers prior to close of payroll and issuance of payroll checks to determine accuracy of payroll data being processed including earnings and deductions for the payrun, benefits for the payrun and compensation rates for types of hours and earning codes being processed; prepares input documents for required adjustments, researches and reviews calculations of adjustments prepared by others, researchers and completes necessary set-up for data input, prepares and reviews validation reports for payroll input, identifies and adjust errors in advance of completion of payroll.
- Prepares off cycle checks including voiding of incorrect checks and calculations of payroll adjustments as assigned
- Supports the payroll manager in timely preparation, reconciliation and filing of all quarterly and annual employment tax returns, change to W-2s and W-2cs
- Assist in preparation and provides documentation including schedules and reports for payroll related audits
- Coordinates with general accounting accountant for reconciliation of payroll bank accounts
- Analyzes the general Ledger payroll account data, reconciles payroll reports to the general Ledger, prepares required adjusting journal entries for periodic closing and review journal entries prepared by other accountants for accuracy and completeness.
- Provides payroll related Technical Support to district employees and other departments
- Analyzes capital project cost reports on a continuing basis including coordination with other departments to ensure correctness of the reports
- Assist in the preparation of schedules, reports, and records analysis required by internal and external auditors or needed for monthly/ year-end closing
- Assist in the monthly and year-end close of the district's books and records
- Create journal entries; analyze accounts
- Performs other duties as assigned
- The equivalent of four (4) years of professional verifiable experience in professional accounting experience, preferably in a government or public agency setting.
- Principles, practices and terminology of general, commercial, fund and governmental accounting
- Payroll processing and wage and benefit plan concepts
- Business data processing, particularly as related to the processing and analysis of accounting information
- Preparation, interpretation and analysis of computer and manual input/output documents.
- Budgeting principles and terminology
- Standard office practices and procedures
- Applicable laws and regulations including those regulating public fiscal operations
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We ensure job offers are made based of one’s employment experience, skills, and qualifications, regardless of race, gender, ethnic origin, or any other classification protected by law. All applicants must furnish proper identification to prove their legal right to work in the US upon a job offer. We participate in E-Verify to confirm one’s right to work in the US. Wollborg Michelson Recruiting does not provide sponsorship for an employment-based visa status. All applicants must also provide proof of COVID Vaccination when requested, except where prohibited by law.
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Sales & Operations
Jessica obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences from California State University, Sacramento and a Master’s Degree in Forensic Science from National University. She began her career in Post-Secondary Education, providing Career Counseling and Workforce Training to graduates. Jessica has over 8 years of business development and recruitment experience. She has worked in Staffing & Career Services providing workforce development and strategic staffing support to small, medium and large companies.
In addition to her professional pursuits, Jessica often indulges in her love for travel and travels throughout the country conducting motivational talks & presentations to small and large groups on a variety of topics.