Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Sacramento, CA 95826 US
Research and evaluate member activity using manual and automated processes for evidence of fraud. Detection, investigation, and proper resolution of fraudulent activity high risk debit and credit card transactions on member accounts with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment, card products, ATMs and online services. Detect and report suspicious transactions on credit, debit and ATM cards. Identifies, tracks and contacts members to verify suspicious credit and debit card activity. Reports verified fraud to both internal claims processing and vendors. Facilitates fraud reporting process, ensuring a positive member experience Investigates credit/debit fraud and dispute transactions on behalf of members; reviews and makes recommendations for action in pursuit of recovery. Responsible for process from preparation, processing and finalizing claim disposition. Every phase of the review process must be closely documented based on established guidelines and/or procedures.
1. Responsible for the operation of and processes related to card fraud monitoring products. Creating and maintaining a positive and informative member experience when verifying or taking a report of fraud.
2. Identify, investigate, and respond to and/or resolve all card fraud or dispute claims and matters. Research/review documents for submission of fraud and dispute claims. Establish oral and written communications with VISA, merchants, processors, law enforcement, and members, as necessary. Report/escalate any potential issues.
3. Resolve member/branch issues and related service concerns and report/escalate any potential issues that may affect credit union assets or member satisfaction. This includes resolving Branch/Department/MSCC phone calls and emails in a timely manner.
4. Provide relevant information from uncovered fraud accounts to other business units and investigating authorities.
5. Collects, evaluates, and documents all evidence obtained during an investigation for recovery. Order retrievals and provide documentation required for charge backs as needed ensuring text is precise according to Visa rules.
6. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to position.
7. Comply with all established internal audit, security and credit union rules, regulations and departmental procedures. Maintain knowledge by keeping updated with credit card regulations or procedures through emails, publications, online resources, and procedure changes.
8. Perform charge backs to assist in the recovery of fraudulent or disputed transactions based on appropriate fraud or dispute codes as outlined by VISA regulation. Maintain knowledge of Visa Dispute Resolution yearly revisions every April and October.
9. Process reimbursements to member accounts as appropriate with notification based on Regulation Z and E as required.
1. EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum.
2. EXPERIENCE: Minimum one year’s experience in a financial institution or credit/debit card experience.
· Ability to effectively communicate results to members, acquirer, and or merchants and meet mandatory time frames.
· Knowledge of Credit Union products, services, policies & procedures.
· Operating knowledge of Visa regulations and Federal/State Regulations specific to debit/credit cards.
· Good organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize daily activities and multi-task to complete assignments.
· High attention to detail in working and investigating files with emphasis on deadlines.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Basic Excel skills
· Knowledge to operate facsimile machine, ten key, microfiche, electronic banking equipment; basic PC knowledge of Windows environment, and office filing logic.
· Must be self-motivated and capable of working both independently as well as in a team.