Grant Analyst (Hybrid- San Carlos)
San Carlos, CA US
We’re seeking a Grant Analyst who will be responsible for reviewing budgets to aid in determining grant and funding needs.
- Pay Rate: $47-$59 hourly
- 6 month contract with possibility of extension
- Hybrid in San Carlos, CA
- Hours: M – F; 8 am – 5 pm
- Ideal Start Date: Feb 21st
The Grants Analyst performs a wide variety of complex and professional analytical and administrative duties in support of funding and grant programs for the San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans), the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (PCJPB) and Transportation Authority (TA). This position will perform professional level analytical activities in the areas of fund programming, grant development, grant management, and project reporting.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide analysis of agency budgetary and financial information to determine short-term and long-term grant and funding needs.
- Analyze and recommend appropriate courses of action regarding grant programs, applicable regulations and other requirements specified by grantors.
- Prepare reporting to federal, state, and regional grant funding agencies, and respond to any inquiries or compliance audits from these agencies.
- Assist with the identification of potential funding and grant resources.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Prepare federal, state, and regional grant applications and monitor status.
- Monitor grant expenditures to ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Prepare staff reports related to grant funding.
- Perform complex financial analysis for input into the regional fund programming activities.
- Coordinate with other staff within the District, federal, state, and regional funding agencies, and consultants as needed related to the delivery of grant funded projects.
- Provide analytical research on new funding opportunities and funding issues.
- Coordinate grant administration activities including allocation requests and processing of funding agreements.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Sufficient experience, training and/or education to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions and duties of the position. In lieu of a degree, work-related experience that demonstrates the skills and experience necessary to perform this role will be accepted. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Planning, Public Policy, Economics or other related field. A graduate degree may be accepted in-lieu of one year of required experience and internship experience may also be considered toward the required level of experience.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative, analytical, and/or budgetary professional experience.
To find out more, apply and schedule an interview with a recruiter today!
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting does require all applicants to be able to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated from COVID prior to their start date, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We ensure job offers are made based of one’s employment experience, skills, and qualifications, regardless of race, gender, ethnic origin, or any other classification protected by law. All applicants must furnish proper identification to prove their legal right to work in the US upon a job offer. We participate in E-Verify to confirm one’s right to work in the US. Wollborg Michelson Recruiting does not provide sponsorship for an employment-based visa status.
Meet Your Recruiter
Associate Program Manager
- Recruiter - Phoenix