Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Leave Management Specialist
Oakland, CA US
Wollborg Michelson is looking for a quality Leave Management Specialist in Oakland, CA.
The Leave Management Specialist is responsible for assisting in the administering and coordinating of employee leave benefits programs including worker's compensation and disability leave and maintaining, analyzing and auditing Districtwide employee leave data disability claims.
- Assists with the administration and coordination of employee benefits programs including worker's compensation and disability; processes Workers’ Compensations and disability claims.
- Schedules pre employment drug testing; enters alcohol data into TestVault software application. Contacts vendors for incomplete test results; coordinates and tracks CDL physicals.
- Organizes and maintains various departmental files; types correspondence, reports, forms, and specialized documents from drafts, notes, dictated tapes, or brief instructions, using a typewriter or word processor; proofreads and checks typed and other materials for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with departmental policies and regulations.
- Receives, inspects, processes and documents records sent to records center; retrieves and forwards requested records.
- Archives disability files and ensures that requested records are released to authorized persons; provides controlled access to records center and, as necessary, monitors activities of requestor reviewing the files.
- Researches and assembles information from a variety of sources for the completion of forms or the preparation of reports.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Preparing clear and concise written reports and correspondence
- Experience conducting case interviews to gather pertinent close contacts information
- Knowledge and understanding of human resource princples, practices and HIPAA guidelines.
Understanding of, and ability to explain in plain language, medical terms associated with COVID-19.
- Completing large volume data entry Data Entry -Excel
- Typing 45 WPM
- Entering and Maintaining accurate records and files
- High level attention to detail and adherence to established protocols
- Reading and interpreting rules, policies and procedures
- Composing routine correspondence from brief instructions
- Using initiative and sound independent judgment within established guidelines
- Operating standard office equipment including a word processor and an on line computer System
- Maintaining confidentiality and managing confidential information
- Possession of a high school diploma, GED or recognized equivalent.
- The equivalent of four (4) years of full time verifiable professional experience in administration or office assistance which will have provided the required knowledge and skills listed above.
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We ensure job offers are made based of one’s employment experience, skills, and qualifications, regardless of race, gender, ethnic origin, or any other classification protected by law. All applicants must furnish proper identification to prove their legal right to work in the US upon a job offer. We participate in E-Verify to confirm one’s right to work in the US. Wollborg Michelson Recruiting does not provide sponsorship for an employment-based visa status. All applicants must also provide proof of COVID Vaccination when requested, except where prohibited by law.
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Sales & Operations
Jessica obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences from California State University, Sacramento and a Master’s Degree in Forensic Science from National University. She began her career in Post-Secondary Education, providing Career Counseling and Workforce Training to graduates. Jessica has over 8 years of business development and recruitment experience. She has worked in Staffing & Career Services providing workforce development and strategic staffing support to small, medium and large companies.
In addition to her professional pursuits, Jessica often indulges in her love for travel and travels throughout the country conducting motivational talks & presentations to small and large groups on a variety of topics.